Depending on the menu selections, food and food service can be the largest part of a wedding reception budget, so you’ll want to work with a top-notch professional like Happy Chef Catering. Below is a list of questions we’ll be happy to answer – just give us a call.
Below is a list of the top 15 questions you’ll want to ask before the big day.
1. Does Happy Chef Catering specialize in certain types of food or service? We can provide you with sample menus to review to make your event and meal memorable.
2. What is the Happy Chef Catering average price range? Are costs itemized depending on the foods you choose, or is there an all-inclusive flat rate? Will the price include items such as linens, tax, servers, bartenders and gratuity?
3. How involved is Happy Chef Catering in a typical reception – do you work like a wedding coordinator or banquet manager, cueing the band, telling the couple when to cut the cake, adjusting the schedule if guests don’t seem ready to sit down to dinner?
4. Will Happy Chef Catering provide tables, chairs, plates, table linens, silverware, salt-and-pepper shakers, and other necessities? Does Happy Chef Catering handle all table settings and can you put out place cards and favors?
5. Will Phil personally work with us when planning the event and also oversee meal service on the day of the wedding?
6. Does Happy Chef Catering also do wedding cakes? Is there a cake-cutting fee?
7. Will Happy Chef Catering provide wait staff, bartenders and a clean-up crew? What will the wait staff wear?
8. Is Happy Chef Catering willing to include a recipe you provide, like a special family dish, or an appetizer with some sort of sentimental significance? Can you prepare vegetarian, kosher, kids, or vegan meals for just a few of the guests?
9. Where will the food be prepared? Are there on-site facilities, or do you, the caterer, and the site manager need to make additional arrangements? If Happy Chef Catering brings their own equipment, is there an additional fee?
10. Does Happy Chef Catering work with fresh (not frozen) food? Are any ingredients locally sourced?
11. Does Happy Chef Catering have a health department license and, if needed, a liquor license?
12. Can Happy Chef Catering provide alcohol or can our wedding party handle the bar separately? How and when will you get the alcohol to HCC and is there a corking fee? If HCC provides alcohol and setups, do you have a flexible wine/spirits list, and can you make special requests? How is this alcohol priced?
13. How will Happy Chef Catering present the food on the buffet table or the individual plates?
14. Can Happy Chef Catering provide references for similar, previous events?
15. How far in advance do I need to book my event?